We’re sharing a beautiful post from Inside Weddings on top tips from talented dress designer and nuptial guru Claire Pettibone. Read on!
It’s officially summer, and we’re looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful celebrations that will take place this season. Summertime soirées are romantic, elegant, and airy, giving off an ambience as sweet as the time of the year itself. We also love to see the beautiful bridal gowns worn by brides saying “I do” in the warmer months, as they typically feature lighter fabrics, elegant laces, and lovely details.
Claire Pettibone‘s “California Dreamin'” collection for Romantique, which is currently in salons, is a perfect example of dresses that exude a sunny feeling. To capture the spirit of her native Golden State, Claire Pettibone ventured to a private ranch in Malibu to photograph stylized shots of the latest collection with Lucy Munoz Photography and TEAM Hair & Makeup.
“There’s nothing like a barefoot afternoon in a meadow and some wildflowers in your hair to make a girl’s soul smile”, says the designer. “I always want my brides to feel relaxed. A wedding gown should make you look amazing, but the dress should never overpower the woman who wears it. With this collection, I can really see the bride’s essence coming through.”
Since these ethereal gowns are ideal for brides getting married in the summertime, we asked Claire Pettibone to share her tips for summer brides!
1. Summer is a perfect season for low backs and lots of skin. But even if you want a bit more coverage, you can opt for beautiful illusion details to give a light look.
2. Lace is breathable, and gives a feeling of sheerness with a summery vibe. Flowing chiffon, cotton, and any light, airy fabrics are great choices. The only “no” for summer would be heavy satin… it just seems out of place for a warm summer soirée.
3. Most summer weddings take advantage of nature’s beauty, so if you’re saying your vows in the great outdoors, you’ll want to make sure you and your guests stay cool. Any elements of shade will be appreciated, either with trees, open-air tents, or other structures. If they’ll be sitting in the sun, parasols, hand-held fans, or even misters, depending on the venue, are all a nice touch.
4. You may want to keep the ceremony on the short side, or start later in the day when it cools off. Remember, a cool cocktail helps keep guests happy! The perfect season for watermelon spritzers, citrus coolers, and fresh herbal and berry accents… pretty and refreshing.
5. Keep your beauty look fresh and natural. Summer just has an easy, relaxed vibe, so go with the flow and keep hair and makeup simple and effortless. You set the tone, so enjoy the party and your guests will too!
Take a look at the mesmerizing gowns below, and let us know which style is your favorite in the comments!
Photos by Lucy Munoz Photography; Hair & Makeup by TEAM Hair & Makeup. Authored by Kelcy Christy.